FIRE PROTECTION ENGINEER
When you need to know the fire protection codes, please know with confidence that Michael Stevens is one of the best Safety Engineers around. Mike has been with Fire/Reconstruction Consultants since 2004 and has many years of experience with NASA. He can provide you with formal interpretations of National Codes & Standards as they relate to various environments.
Michael B. Stevens is a Fire Protection Engineer. If you need code research or an excellent Fire Protection Engineer than call us to have Mike Stevens as the expert on your case. Mike has 18 years of experience as a Fire Protection Engineer, dealing with all phases of fire protection from conception to final acceptance testing and incident investigation. He determines Code Equivalencies, Provides Formal Interpretation of National Codes & Standards as they Relate to Various Environments. He also Reviews Plans for Code Compliance. He also can evaluate systems for their integrity & analyze systems failures.
Michael B. Stevens – Resume´
MICHAEL B. STEVENS, P.E.
FIRE PROTECTION ENGINEERING
AREA OF EXPERTISE:
Fire Protection Engineering – 16 years of Experience as a Fire Protection Engineer, dealing with all phases of fire protection from conception to final acceptance testing and incident investigation.
Consultant to Fire Reconstruction Consultants, Inc
National Aeronautics Space Administration
Kennedy Space Center, Florida
February 1991 to Present
Fire Prevention Engineer/Authority Having Jurisdiction
- Management of the Kennedy Space Center Fire Protection Program
including engineering, inspections, fire prevention and fire rescue services.
- Authority Having Jurisdiction for all codes and standards relating
to fire protection.
- Determine code equivalencies
- Establish fire protection policy
- Lead for NASA Agency fire protection program
- Provide formal interpretation of national codes and standards as
they relate to KSC.
- Developed NASA’s Safety Standard for Fire Protection
Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Base Operation Contractor
February 1987 -February 1991
Senior Fire Protection Engineer
- Perform design review reviews
- Fire system mishap investigation.
- Perform fire risk analyses for KSC Facilities.
- Performed fire protection engineering evaluation of assigned
- Reviewed and evaluated work packages for design, installation, and
- Performed final acceptance testing.
Mass Transit Administration
May 1984 – January 1987
- Conducted inspection of bus and rail transit facilities.
- Assisted in accident and fire investigations.
- Reviewed plans for code compliance.
- Performed inspection and tests of fire protection systems and
University of Maryland, B.S. Fire Protection Engineering, 1986
Sprinkler Protection for Metal Buildings, NFPA, 2002
Performance-Based Fire Alarm Design, NFPA, 2002
Life Safety Code, 2000
Space Shuttle Crash Investigation, 1999
OSHA General Industry Safety & Health, 1999
MORT-Based Mishap Investigation Refresher, 1995, 1999
Design for Reliability,1999
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND AWARDS:
Registered Professional Engineer – Florida, 1998 – Present
National Fire Protection Association – 1984- Present
Technical Committee Member NFPA 750 on Water Mist Fire Suppression Systems – 1997- Present
Performance Awards for High Level Performance -1992 –2002
Certificate of Commendation -1996
Group Achievement Awards – 1996, 1997
On the spot awards – 1992, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002
Time off Award – 1999, 2001, and 2002